Are You Looking To Buy or Lease A New Toyota?
Are you considering purchasing a new vehicle, but don’t know whether you should buy or lease? Our Holiday, Florida dealership carries an extensive inventory of high-end Toyota vehicles, available now for buying and/or leasing. Our Sun staff wants to make sure you receive the best-fit vehicle with the best-fit term, custom to you. Schedule an appointment with one of Toyota-trained staff members to discuss buying and leasing terms, today.
When it comes to buying or leasing a car the options can be confusing. To assist you in making an informed decision, Sun Toyota has provided the pros and cons of “buying vs. Leasing” below, in hopes you find it informative and useful.
What is Leasing A Car?
Leasing a vehicle is the same as renting a car for a prolonged period of time. Thus, instead of paying for the WHOLE vehicle, you just pay the amount of vehicle depreciation that is estimated to take place during your chosen lease term. You are also responsible for paying interest rate and fees. Most of the time, you would pay a down payment for your desired leased car. Upfront costs and payments are explained further in this article. The best cars to lease are those with the best book value after the term of the lease. Since they depreciate less, you pay less. Review the lease ratings to see which cars retain their value.
Typical lease terms are anywhere from 2 to 3 years. When your lease term is completed, you will return the vehicle to your dealership. The vehicle is required to be in top shape when returning, excluding inevitable wear and tear.If you would like to lease a Toyota, test drive possible vehicles, or talk to a Sun Toyota representative, you can schedule an appointment here!
What is Buying A Car?
If you buy a new or used vehicle downright, you possess the vehicle in its entirety. This means you are not bound to return your vehicle after an extended period of time, as you would when leasing. This gives you the freedom to make any additions or special touches to personalize your vehicle. It also gives you the ability to resell or trade-in your vehicle for profit. Upfront cost and payment options are explained further in this article. If you would like to purchase a new or used Toyota, test drive possible vehicles, or talk to a Sun Toyota representative, you can schedule an appointment here!
Who Owns The Vehicle?
When you buy it, you own it! Whether you pay for the car with cash, or finance it and make monthly payments, either way, the vehicle is yours. The luxury of this is you can customize your car how you choose. Have you been thinking of adding that killer stereo system? Want funky lights on the interior of your doors? When buying a vehicle you have the freedom to add products and services to your vehicle as you please. There is no binding contract or obligation you have to return it.
Of course, if you’re financing your vehicle, you’ll have to meet the obligations the lender requires. These obligations can be a certain down payment amount and timely monthly payments until the loan is paid. If you don’t, the lender may have the right to repossess your vehicle. Further details on payments are explained more throughout the article. Please check your contractual terms for details.
You do not own the car. The finance institution that you leased your car through actually owns your vehicle, even when it is in your possession. When leasing, you’re paying for the use of the vehicle. Just like renting a car when you go on vacation. This is usually why you pay less per month in a lease than if you were to buy the car.
However, if you want to eventually own the car you can. When your lease terms are up, you DO have the option of buying the previously leased vehicle outright. This is usually defined in the lease contract.
Costs and Payments:
You may purchase your vehicle in full or apply for financing. Applying for an auto loan is typically more accessible when buying a vehicle, as opposed to when leasing it. Generally requirements for credit scores are lower for a car loan, while interest rates tend to be higher. If you’re financing your vehicle, the bank will most likely request a down payment. You can also trade-in another vehicle and use any equity towards your down payment.
The amount of the down payment as well as loan payments are usually based on the lender’s requirements and your credit score. If financing your vehicle, monthly payments are required. These vary based on terms and vehicle model. Once you’ve paid off what you owe on your contract, that’s it. Your vehicle is 100% yours. Here at Sun Toyota, we make financing a breeze! For more information on how you can finance a vehicle check out our Finance Center, or contact one of our associates at our help center.
Lease payments can differ. Leases often do not require any type of a down payment. All you usually have to pay is the first month’s payment, a security deposit, the acquisition fee, and other fees and taxes. But, as with a purchase, if you want to lower your monthly payments you can always pay more upfront.
Most people return the vehicle at the end of the lease term. But some like to purchase it during their lease or at the end. Others like to trade it in before their lease is over. Just ask us about these different options before signing any paperwork and we’ll make sure you have your lease set up the way you want it.
Interested in financing a leased vehicle? Car financing at Sun Toyota in Holiday denotes a means of getting a new car without purchasing it outright with cash. This may entail leasing a vehicle, which means you’ll drive a car for a set period of time and for a limited number of miles and pay only for the depreciation of the vehicle over that time frame. It may also entail taking out a loan to cover the cost of the car, which you will pay over time, typically with added interest. In either situation, you’ll be making monthly payments. For more information on how you can finance a vehicle check out our Finance Center, or contact one of our associates at our help center.
Your car is a big investment. The moment you drive it off the lot, the value depreciates. If you choose to sell it or trade it in , in the future, your vehicle will be worth whatever you can sell it for in the future and that depends on how well you maintain it. Here are some ways you can keep the value of your vehicle high:
- Keep An Eye On Your Mileage - the first question any used-car buyer will ask is “How many miles does it have?”. It is simple. The lower the mileage, the higher the value. The average number of miles per year is anywhere from 12,000 to 15,000 miles. If you drive above 20,000 miles a year, you are considered a heavy user.
- Store Your Vehicle In A Proper Place - If you have a garage, use it! The sun and outside conditions can be damaging overtime. Just as humans wouldn't like being left out in the elements, neither does your vehicle! When left out paint can fade, rust can form, and other possible damages may occur. If you do not have a garage accessible to you, try to park your car in a shaded area as often as possible.
- Keep Your Car Smelling Nice- While we are always on the go nowadays, it seems like we live in our cars. However it is important to remember that when selling a vehicle, no one wants one that smells like food and cigarettes. To keep your car smelling and looking clean, limit the amount of smoking and eating in your vehicle.
- Regular Maintenance Is Vital- servicing your car on a regular basis is vital to the longevity and future value of your vehicle. Routine maintenance can help you avoid large costly repairs down the road. It also ensures the stability of your vehicle. Here at Sun Toyota we offer high-value maintenance service, completed by our Toyota trained technicians. View our services or schedule an appointment today!
In most leases, you don’t end up owning it so you don’t end up selling it. That’s the financial institution’s job. Although you may have mileage limits and wear and tear guidelines that, if you exceed them, could cost you extra money when you turn your vehicle back in. If you are thinking of buying your lease outright when your terms are completed, see the list above for proper vehicle maintenance.
Overall Benefits Of Leasing A Vehicle
There are many advantages to leasing a vehicle with Sun Toyota in Holiday, Florida. Key benefits of leasing a Toyota are:
- Possible lower down payments as opposed to Down Payments when buying a vehicle
- Easy process of trading in a leased vehicle
- Money saved on sales tax
- Guaranteed warranty coverage, always
- Lower payments monthly than on the same vehicle when bought outright
Overall Benefits of Buying A Vehicle
There are many advantages to buying a new and/or used vehicle outright with Sun Toyota in Holiday, Florida. Key benefits of leasing a Toyota are:
- No limits on mileage- you can drive the car as long as you wish
- Easy financing process as opposed to a lease financing process
- Down the road, refinancing actually saves you money
- You own the car - you can make any changes to the vehicle as you please
- Once your car loan is paid off, you won't have to make anymore monthly payments
- You can sell and/or trade in your vehicle as you wish for money back
Buy Or Lease A Vehicle With Sun Toyota!
Ready to purchase your new Toyota? Sun Toyota near Tampa, Florida is here to assist you. Our dealership carries a high-end inventory of new and used vehicles, ready to be bought, sold, and leased today! Stop into our dealership, located in Holiday, Florida. There you can discuss terms and conditions with one of our Toyota associates, or test drive a potential new vehicle. Browse our Toyota inventory on our website to view our available vehicles. Have questions? Please feel free to contact a member of our support team, and they will be happy to answer any questions you may have in regards to buying and leasing a vehicle with us. Here at Sun Toyota, it is our mission to help you find your dream vehicle!