Join The Green Side!
At Sun Toyota, we're committed to protecting the environment for years to come. And we consider our dealership to be our home.
That's why we invested in our building to obtain a Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) green building certification.
Visit us today for a test drive and ask us about the eco-friendly changes we've made.
The Story Of Going Green At Sun Toyota
A few years ago, one of Sun Toyota's managers, Jonathan Reth, proposed to build a certified green facility that would save energy and protect the Earth.
The proposal was approved and now Sun Toyota is one of the green dealerships built by Toyota. The first was built in Texas and it's not unusual for customers to drive over 100 miles to buy their vehicle from there.
Toyota knows that building a green dealership was the right thing to do for the environment and for the surrounding Florida communities.
Sun Toyota's Community Connections
The sentiment to protect the environment is spreading throughout Holiday, FL. Students at the nearby Gulf Trace Elementary benefit through their proximity to Sun Toyota. Plus, the school is able to use a hands-on approach to teach children about maintaining their own health and the health of the environment.
Sun Toyota also participates in other areas of service within the community, donating green vehicles like the Toyota Prius to organizations like Hope Children's Home of Tampa.
We're Proud To Be LEED Certified | Sun Toyota | Near New Port Richey, FL
Sun Toyota took more than 100 steps to update the design, construction, and operations for approval as a green site. When you visit Sun Toyota, you'll see modifications like:
- Solar Panels — On weekends, they provide more electricity than can actually be used!
- Car Wash — It's highly-efficient at cleaning and 90% of the water is recycled.
- No Paper Trail — Contracts and other documents that are typically paper business records are entered into a computer instead.
- Windows — Heat-resistant glass keeps Florida's high temperatures outside rather than heating up a room that needs to be cooled.
- Service Café — Sun Toyota serves Starbucks, a company known for its energy-conservation efforts.
- Lighting — Environmentally-friendly lighting is used throughout the dealership, including LED lights over the car lots.
- Service Fluids — Oil and other fluids are carefully collected and recycled.
- No Smoking — Smoking was not prohibited on the premises during the construction of Sun Toyota.
- Furniture & Cabinetry — All furnishings and cabinets at Sun Toyota are made from sustainable sources.
- An Environmentally Responsible Lake — A lined lake on the property serves as an environmentally-safe retention pond.
- Construction Debris — 95% of leftover materials were separated for reuse or recycling.
- Flooring — Linoleum flooring was made from sawdust.
- Cisterns — Hold rain and condensation that's stored and later used for irrigation.
- Landscape — Only native and low-water shrubs and trees were planted.
- Concrete — Recycled concrete was used and include a high level of insulation to keep cooled air in and heat out.
- Asphalt — Parking areas were paved with asphalt made of recycled materials.
- Toilets — Low-flush versions were installed and water use is monitored.